Achieve a healthy and attractive smile
At Complete Smiles Vermont South we have your best interest at heart, so it’s imperative to appreciate that before any cosmetic procedure, a sound foundation of clean, healthy teeth needs to be established. This is achieved through a thorough examination and pre-procedural work, and our hygiene maintenance program.
With a strong focus nowadays in society to have an attractive smile, the team at Complete Smiles understands and appreciates aesthetics, and will work with you to achieve your proudest smile.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain Veneers are thin layers of ceramic that are cemented over the outer surface of your teeth to improve colour, shape and strength or replace weakened tooth structure.
They are a highly effective conservative treatment option to help you achieve the smile you desire. Porcelain Veneers are able to completely redesign your smile to create symmetry and balance, in as little as 2 appointments.
What are Porcelain Veneers used to correct?
- To close spaces between teeth permanently
- Restore ideal shape to chipped or worn teeth
- Create a more balanced, even smile
- Re-shape small/long shaped teeth to ideal proportions
- Make teeth appear straighter that are crooked, crowded or misaligned
- Cover stained or discoloured teeth
What are the benefits of Dental Veneers and how long will they last?
During our pre-procedural work we work with you to create the ideal colour and shape of the teeth that you desire and a diagnostic wax-up will help you visualise the case before we start. This way you will get 100% satisfaction.
- Achieve a natural appearing smile
- Painless procedure
- Porcelain Veneers are resistant to staining from things like tea, coffee, smoking and wine
- They are more conservative and cheaper than crowns
- Their strength is comparable to natural tooth structure
- The porcelain itself does not decay
If maintained well, and a good oral-home hygiene routine is followed Veneers are long-lasting (10+ years).
What is the Procedure for Porcelain Veneers?
Careful preparation is key to achieving an ideal result.
- Upper and lower moulds of your teeth are taken to create study models.
- The study models are sent to the laboratory with instructions on your proposed design to create a diagnostic wax-up.
- The diagnostic wax-up is a trial for you to be able to assess your new smile before starting to ensure you will be happy with the final result.
- We will then have a complimentary consult to discuss the diagnostic wax-up, modify anything you are not happy with and answer any of your questions.
- Once your 100% happy we can then proceed to Appointment 1.
This is the appointment during which the teeth are prepared
- A local anaesthetic is administered so it’s a painless and comfortable appointment for you.
- Your teeth are prepared by removing approximately 0.5-1mm of tooth structure so a natural result can be achieved and a strong connection formed between your teeth and the prepared veneers.
- Once the teeth are prepared, a mould is taken so a replica can be sent to the laboratory to prepare the porcelain veneers to fit perfectly around your prepared teeth.
- Temporary veneers are then placed as the laboratory takes between 1-2 weeks to fabricate the final result.
- A complimentary appointment with the laboratory is available in order for you to achieve the perfect colour match you desire.
This is the appointment where you get your New Smile
- A local anaesthetic is again administered for your comfort.
- The temporary veneers are removed and your teeth cleaned to ensure the strongest bonding takes place.
- Your final veneers are first tried in before final cementation to make sure you are happy with colour, shape, symmetry and over-all fit.
- Once you give us the green light we permanently cement your veneers. Careful polishing and adjustments then take place.
- You then walk away with a New Smile, that you are proud and completely satisfied with.